Monday, August 24, 2009

"Friendship doubles joy and halves grief."

Proverbs- are simple sayings commonly known which expresses a truth and are based on common sense or the practical experience of humanity.

"Friendship doubles joy and halves grief."

This Egyptian proverb to me, means that everything is easier with friends. Having friends brings joy to everyone's lives and cuts down on grief and hard times. This proverb has came to be true in my life many different times. In January of '09 my grandfather past away. It was a really hard time for my family and I, and thankfully I had friends there to lean on. It felt really good to have them there to talk and comfort me through everything that was going on. One of my friends, Marley brought a lot of joy to me the day of my grandfathers funeral. She stopped by for about 20 minutes and brought me a small gift. The fact that she came by just to say hey and sorry for your loss meant a lot. All of my other friends had a movie night the next night, this helped me get my mind off of everything and just relax and have a good time. Another time in I was the friend that brought joy to someone else was when my friend Sarah had to move from her Mom's house to her Dad's. This was a big change for her and caused her lots of grief as well. She ended up having to switch schools and lost a lot of friends. She has told me ever since then that I brought a lot of happiness to her and was a true friend for sticking by her through everything. Both of these situations, as you can probably tell, explain how friendship doubles joy and halves grief.




2 comments: