Monday, October 12, 2009

Can you sense Halloween time?

Halloween is here... What do you see?

I see the leaves of trees changing colors and covering the ground. I see carved Jack-O-lanterns on porches. I see children trying on their costumes weeks before the 31st. I see orange and black everywhere at Walmart. I see the Halloween stores opening up to sell decorations and costumes.

Halloween is here... What do you hear?

I hear scary music playing in all the stores. I hear Mrs. Matthews doing her really cool laugh when reading a Halloween book. I hear Trick or Treat? I hear BOO! I hear knocks on the doors. I hear of all the Halloween Parties. I hear the leaves crackling under my feet.

Halloween is here... What do you smell?

I smell Mom's pumpkin spice candles (: I smell the carmel for the apples. I smell Pumpkins being carved. I smell Fall outside (undescribable) haha. I smell all kinds of Halloween treats being baked in Mom's kitchen.

Halloween is here... What do you taste?

I taste Candy. I taste Reese's from Sarah's Memaw (She always saves me like 10 for trick or treating!). I taste Popcorn Balls. I taste Carmel Apples and Pumpkin seeds. I taste carmel apple suckers. I taste all the good Halloween Treats!


Halloween is here... What do you feel?

I feel the cool Fall breeze. I feel the sweat on my face from wearing my scary mask. I feel the different textures of all the wrappers from different candy. I feel a hand grabbing mine from the candy bowl. I feel the fake fangs in my mouth. I feel the fake blood dripping down my chin. I feel LIKE IT'S HALLOWEEN (:

No comments:

Post a Comment