Thursday, March 18, 2010

Driving for the First Time!

Okay, so the first time that I ever drove a car was with my cousin's wife Kris. Ric and Kris are from Maryland and they are pretty amazing! It was around Thanksgiving and I ran with Kris to the store to pick up a few things that my Mom needed. She drives a kind of large SUV that I really like. Well, once we got done with our little shopping she asked, "Do you want to drive some?" I told her sure but I had only driven a car in a parking lot with my dad once before and she told me it was ok. So anyways, I drive out of Kroger's parking lot and over by Shivley park. It took me a little while to get used to the gas pedal. Eventually I was driving smoothly and not doing too bad. I didn't freak out, like I thought I would, until this HUGE Semi-truck came down the road by Kroger. I got over on my side of the road as far as I could without hitting the curb. It made me so nervous! Then it was time for me to get onto Parrish. I was at a red light but I was needing to turn right and she said you can turn right on red and I was just like "No, It's ok I'm just gonna wait!" Haha the cars behind me were so mad, you could tell. Once we were down on the road a bit I knew I had to get to Carter to get home some how. My mom turns left by the Kangaroo Gas station (I'm not sure what it's called, that's just my name for it) so I couldn't decide whether to do that or go up to the light where carter is. I decided to turn by the gas station. Its a really weird turn, it's like a half circle not just a Straight turn, if that makes sense. Anyways I safely made it down Carter until it was time to turn on West 5th St Rd (my road). It was green but there was a car in the lane going straight where I needed to turn and I thought that Kris' car was pretty big and I didn't know if I could fit so I was like I'm gonna go straight and go around the block. LOL, it was quite an experience (:

No comments:

Post a Comment