Monday, March 8, 2010

Headed to State!

The results came in from the Foreign Language Festival last week! I'm going to state for the third time (: I'm pretty pumped this year! Ok, so freshman and sophomore year I was able to go to State for Listening Proficiency 3rd place. This year I placed 1st!!!!! I was so excited when Kelsey texted me and said that Senora Garner sent out the email! But, the best news is, Stephanie and I competed in Dialogue where you go in and carry out a converstation with each other in front of a judge about the topics they give you. We were sooo nervous! Once we got there we realized that there were only 3 teams trying for that subject. We thought we actually have a shot! Anyways to sum it all up once we got in there we TALKED, and TALKED, and TALKED, and TALKED. I kept glancing at the judge like Uhm is can we stop yet? haha and then finally when we took a small pause she's like Ok ladies that's all I need and smiled (: We were forsure we got 1st! But we got 2nd which is still good seeing as it was our first time. My roomies are going to be Katie, Alexus, and Hannah! I can't wait! (: I'll post another blog in May when states over to let you know how it was and put up some pics maybe!

1 comment:

  1. I know, we did a good job :) I think we should try to do dialogue again next year at Foreign Language Festival at WKU too because me and you make a great team *high five* :P I hope you have a great time at state and who knows, maybe I'll see you there?

    ReplyDelete