Monday, January 4, 2010

New Year, New Me!


Everybody talks about their New Year's Resolutions and what not. I always set one, but never follow through with it. This year I hope it's going to be different. I'm not really setting any Resolutions, but I'm changing my ways. I want to bring some of my grades up. My B's right now are APUSH, English, and Math. I hope I can bring them up at High B's or maybe even A's! That would be nice. Also, I would like to sleep more! I know that's not a very big change but I really need to "improve" my sleeping habits. I got spoiled over Christmas break. I stayed up verrrry late and had friends over too many times. Then I would just sleep until like 11. I absolutely HATE sleeping in. I know weird huh, A teenager that hates sleeping in? But when I wake up and I look at my phone and it's 11 or 12... I feel I've wasted half of the day! I think that on weekends 8 is late enough! I used to wake up at at least 8 or 9 every day no matter how late I stayed up, but that's changed. Another thing I want to do this summer is "grow up." My mom has spoiled me for so long. I'll admit it. She wakes me up for school EVERY morning, I don't use an alarm clock. She also washes my laundry and cooks for me. I can cook some things, but not too many. It's not really a bad thing, but it's a thing that I want to break away of. I've just been thinking lately about how I'm growing up and will be graduating next year. I'm going to go away for college, hopefully not too far (probably Western). So, this summer I want to learn how to cook more meals, how to wake up with an alarm clock, and I'm going to start doing my own laundry, if she'll let me, haha. My mom has always done all of this stuff for me, I don't hate her for it, I'm very thankful for a Mother that cares and takes care of me.... even if it is too much sometimes, lol (: But back to the topic of college, well I'll post another blog about that Later!

2 comments:

  1. I like this blog! Sounds good LB, I'm sure that would make your mom happy and proud of you. I think I should take more responsibility and get some more sleep myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I know! I got into the habit of sleeping in and staying up late & I'm soooo drained now! But I'm going to make up for it this week! School, Home, homework, Dinner, Shower, Hair, Check Computer for 30 mins at the most, Bed. Hopefully I'll be in bed by 10:30 every night (:

    ReplyDelete